If you are looking for ways of losing weight without exercise, there are some products that are commonly recommended. One of them is aloe vera juice. Here is some great information on whether you should use aloe vera juice for weight loss and reasons why it may work for you in meeting your weight loss goals.
Aloe the magical plant
Aloe is from the family that includes tulip, lily, garlic and onion and is also called Zanzibar aloe, Barbados, Cape, Curaiao, Socotrine, etc. The parts used are the leaves that are used to produce aloe vera gel and aloe vera juice. They can also be used to produce latex which is a very powerful laxative which is rarely used because it is so potent that it is not generally recommended to be taken internally.
The term aloe is derived from the Arabic word alloeh which means shiny and bitter. Use of this plant for healing purposes dates back thousands of years. Ancient Egyptian medical writing mention the use of aloe for treating infections, skin issues and as a mild laxative. Aloe was carried by Arab traders to Europe and Asia where it became a significant part of Indian Ayurvedic medicine.
Some of the common ways to use aloe vera include;
- The topical application of aloe is a top natural treatment for wounds including scalds, burns, sunburn and scrapes. The various healing compounds in aloe are able to reduce redness, swelling and inflammation. They can also help to relieve itching and pain. If you do have deep wounds however, aloe may actually slow healing so only use it for superficial wounds only.
- Aloe can also help slow down or prevent infections that can occur when skin is injured as it can effectively fight against various bacteria and fungi. It is also able to boost the immune system to help it fight off infection.
- Aloe can also help to reduce the high blood sugar levels associated with diabetes.
- Acne, skin rashes (from poison ivy, oak and sumac) and other skin issues can be effectively treated with aloe vera.
- Psoriasis which is a chronic skin condition which produces raised, silvery, red, itchy skin patches can be treated effectively with aloe vera through topical application of the gel.
- And so on and so forth.
Aloe for weight loss
With all these healing properties contained in aloe, it was only a matter of time before the connection between aloe and weight loss was discovered. While the gel from the aloe plant is mainly used for topical application, aloe vera juice is used internally for various reasons including weight loss. The connection between aloe vera juice and weight loss includes the following;
- First of all, its mild laxative properties (not aloe latex) and detoxifying properties help to push food out of the body and allows your body to use less energy obtained from food because it is eliminated faster. This fast removal of waste and the prevention of waste build up in the colon can help to prevent potential weight gain.
- The connection between aloe vera juice and weight loss also relates to its blood sugar management which not only helps with diabetes management but also weight management. Aloe vera’s ability to reduce and manage blood sugar levels helps to prevent excess glucose from being stored as fat and instead slowly transferring it to the cells in the body where it is needed for energy. By helping to maintain level blood sugar levels, you will feel fuller for longer periods also which prevents excessive eating and weight gain.
- The many B vitamins contained in aloe are important when using aloe vera juice for weight loss because they can help support your metabolism in addition to helping with appetite suppression and preventing fat storage as discussed above.
- Another way that aloe vera juice for weight loss is effective is because of the many nutrients that aloe contains. Many people overeat because of the empty calories that are contained in the foods they commonly eat which makes them hungrier faster. With aloe, you will feel fuller for longer periods because of the various vitamins and minerals that aloe contains will give your body the nutrients that it needs which helps to prevent hunger pangs. When you do not eat too Revitaa pro much, weight gain is prevented and you will lose weight.
These are just a few ways that aloe vera juice and weight loss are connected. You should definitely use aloe vera juice for weight loss especially if you are looking for effective ways of losing weight without exercise but it can also help to improve the results you will obtain if you add exercise to your weight loss regimen.
Using aloe vera juice for weight loss
Commercial aloe preparations are available in many health food stores but do make sure that they are 100 percent and organic. You can make your own aloe vera juice from the aloe gel obtained by cutting an aloe leaf and scooping out the gel. There are various recipes on how to make the juice that can be obtained online.
Always keep aloe in the refrigerator after opening or cutting the leaf because it spoils easily. Commercial preparations should not be kept for more than 30 days in the fridge once opened.
Some of the ways you can use aloe vera juice for weight loss include but are not limited to the following;
- Drink half a glass of aloe vera juice daily and a tablespoon or two 15 minutes before a meal. The taste is not unpleasant so you may not need to mix it with anything else.
- You can mix half a glass of aloe vera juice with another fruit or vegetable juice if you need to make it easier to consume.
- You can add a bit of honey or lemon juice to improve the taste.
- Add the juice or the gel to your morning smoothie or green juice.